Detroit Medical Center-Wayne State University Volleyball League
Volleyball League Regulations
Tentative Start Date: Tuesday, September 12th, 2016
- All registered players MUST be associated with the Detroit Medical Center. This includes and, not limited to, Attending physicians, Fellows, Residents, medical students. Proof of ID and Insurance Coverage will be required as part of the registration.
- Athletics League expenses for Equipment, Facility fees, and referee will be covered in part, approximating 60% of Total Cost by the GME/ DMC Resident Council. Remaining 40% of expenses will be divided evenly among participating teams.
- Teams are required and responsible to covers individual/ team costs for personal equipment, team jerseys, etc.
- All registered players MUST complete and sign the Medical Liability Waiver form.
- All registered players must provide proof of active Medical Insurance coverage
- All teams must register the final roster at the Game 1 Briefing session. No team will be allowed to add players after this deadline, NO EXCEPTIONS!
SEASON/PLAYOFF TREE FORMAT
- Total of 10 Teams have registered. Please view “Game Fixtures” for details.
- Teams will be randomly distributed into Division A (5) and Division B (5)
- Each Team will play a total of 4 season games in 5 weeks (1 Bye week). Each win is rewarded with 2 points.
- Top 4 Teams of each division will make the playoffs. #1 seed will play #4 seed, #2 will play #3 of each division
- In the event of the season ending in a Tie, the team with the head-to-head win during the season game will advance to the play-offs.