Dear House Officers:
GME and Flynn Benefits Group have negotiated one of the most comprehensive and unique disability programs in the country. The results are positive for both your Group Long Term Disability (LTD) plan during training and the portability option upon completion of training. We are extremely pleased to inform you of this exclusive benefit that is offered only to the residents and fellows here at DMC.
Program highlights include:
Coverage While In Training
Group LTD Coverage Highlights:
- House Officer pays no premium for this coverage while in training.
- Monthly benefit – 60% of monthly income capped at $4,000 per month.
- 180 day elimination – commonly referred to as waiting period.
- Benefit duration to age 65.
- Total disability definition – two year own occupation with partial disability.
- Includes EAP benefit (Employee Assistance Program) – unlimited access to guidance via toll free work-life balance (800) 854-1446.
For house officers interested in additional coverage during training, please see http://www.flynnbenefits.com/DetroitMedical-Center.5.htm
Coverage When You Graduate
Conversion Policy Features: Up To $15,000 per month Guaranteed:
- Up to $5,000 per month guaranteed (no lengthy paperwork, medical exam, or income documentation); next $10,000 based on income.
- True specialty specific definition of disability (if you are unable to do your job, the plan pays even if gainfully employed in another occupation).
- Substantial premium discounts/unisex rates fixed at current age.
- Temporary VISA holders are eligible for this coverage.
This is an overview of the plan coverages. Master contract should be consulted for plan specifics – for detailed information, visit http://www.flynnbenefits.com/Detroit-Medical-Center.5.htm. You must successfully complete your training program to be eligible for the guaranteed conversion. Our disability consultant (listed below) is available to discuss your group LTD coverage, personal disability conversion policy, compare other policies, and to answer general long term disability coverage questions.